Talmont Resort Improvement District
Annual Meeting Minutes
September 2, 2023– 9:00am – Howard J. Perry Maint Station
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 9:00am by Tim Schroeder.
Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Eileen Ilano, Nelson Rudolph, Mike Town, Kym Pipkin
Others Present: Rick Dewante, Libby Gregg, Willi Dodge
Members of the public as indicated by sign-in sheet, 15 people
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: No public comment from attendees. Bid opening for the Washoe Emergency Generator Project: One bid received, Russell Dodge, Contractor – $55,000. Bid award pending review.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT: Tim gave a financial report based on the prior fiscal year. TRID is in excellent shape, sufficient money in reserves, money invested in LAIF is gaining good interest. The past year we came in under budget despite having an extreme snow year. Fuel cost was 3 times compared to an average year and we now have the generators that take fuel and oil. Plus costs have increased, heating was another cost that had gone up. TRID sustained two snow damage accidents resulting in about $35k in extra repair costs to our well building. We were able to get this money back from our insurance company less the deductibles. Rick will explain further on the damages sustained in his report.
5 OLD BUSINESS: Rick spoke about the past year repairs and improvements. The damages from the storms to the buildings were repaired. Heavy snow on the electrical lines had pulled the lines away from the building. The Skyline tank has been inspected and its condition will be monitored over the next few years. Tank inspection shows repairs are holding. Getting backup pump to have on hand and looking into remote fuel gauges to read fuel levels at stations. Still waiting on the generator for the Washoe well, it was ordered over a year ago. Transfer switch has been installed. Looking at surge stress analysis for water hammer. Need to put in surge arresters to absorb noise.
- NEW BUSINESS: Kym spoke about TRID’s water rates. First 48 years was a flat rate, 2011 changed to meters and a 5 tier system. HDR Engineering did a rate study and determined a 3% increase each year for 5 years was necessary due to inflation. You can review all this information and new rates at talmontrid.org.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT: No bacti violatons, no leaks or major issues. CCR report is posted on the website yearly.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT: Willi reported all is good, the machinery is in great shape and he is ready to do it again. GPS has been discontinued due to lack of use.
- ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 10:00am. A Firewise meeting was held after. The next regular meeting is November 14, 2023 at 8:30am at the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station.