MINUTES OF THE
TALMONT RESORT IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
August 13, 2019 – 8:00 A.M.
Maintenance Building, Talmont
1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:10 AM by Kym Pipkin.
Directors Present: Larry Anderson, Kym Pipkin, Jim Henderson, Howard Perry
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Willi Dodge
2. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA – In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
4. APPROVE MINUTES OF JUNE 11 & 25, 2019, PAID BILLS:
a. Approve Minutes of June 11 & 25, 2019
It was motioned to approved June 11 & 25, 2019 minutes, all in favor.
b. Motion to approve paid bills.
Action: Libby to find out exactly what check to Placer Co Environmental Health is for and report next meeting.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
a. Capital Improvements: Fire Pump project, pump has been set and most of piping is done.
1. Generator is stuck at fire dept for review, already submitted to TRPA.
Motion: Rick to check into temporary setting of generator, all in favor.
2. Tank Painting: Resource Dev came out and looked at peeling paint on Silvertip tank and can
not warranty it due to the length of time since they touched it up.
Motion: It was motioned to get 2 bids to patch paint on tank, Resource Dev & Raider Painting.
Libby to contact them for a quote. All in favor.
b. Board Vacancy: Two bios have been submitted in response, Mike Towne & Tim Schroeder. Board members to interview both candidates after the meeting.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Anuual Meeting agenda: The meeting agenda for the annual meeting was discussed and finalized.
b. Ordinance Review Committee: It has been brought to the attention of the board members of recent legislation passed that may need to be incorporated in the TRID Ordinance.
Action: An Ordinance Review Committee to review TRID’s current ordinances formed to include Patricia Watters, Larry Anderson, Jim Henderson and Kym Pipkin. Board to let Libby know when they will be meeting so she may post the meeting on the website.
7. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
a. Transfer of $50,000 can be made to reserve account.
Action: Howard to make transfer.
b. Oct 1, 2019 increase on invoices
c. Website problems: It was noted that a few people seem to find the website hard to navigate and would like more on the site. Megan Selway mentioned wix.com may be more friendly. Present site is free.
Action: Libby to look at website to see if there are correction she can easily make and also to check out other websites.
8. SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
a. Willi stated that the snow blade needed was on order.
b. Willi stated that he would be in charge of hiring the part time “on call” operator and would be creating a job description, outline. There was public discussion regarding this second driver. GPS on equipment was discussed.
Action: Libby to contact TCPUD and NTPUD to see how where they advertise when hiring.
Action: Board to approve final hire decision.
Action: Libby to acquire information on GPS system.
9. WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
a. No positive bacti. 2 new homes being built in the neighborhood.
10. CORRESPONDENCE& DIRECTORS COMMENT:
a. Kym has responded to numerous letters in response to a letter Jim Nicholls sent out to all; 1 from an attorney regarding the part time relief operator, another from the same attorney regarding TRID Ordinances.
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors was adjourned at 10:30AM. The next regular meeting is October 15, 2019 at 8:30 am. The Board of Directors went into executive session at this time to interview the 2 board member applicants.