(Note that there is usually a two month delay in posting minutes as they first have to be approved by the Board of Directors)
Talmont Resort Improvement District
December 15, 2020 – 8:30am via zoom
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Jim Henderson via zoom.
Directors Present: Jim Henderson, Kym Pipkin, Tim Schroeder, Larry Anderson
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Willi Dodge, Eileen Ilano, John Sakrison & Mike Towne.
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF OCT 13 & NOV 9, 2020 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the Oct 13 & Nov 9, 2020 minutes and paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Placer Co Election-Larry, Kym & Tim were reelected per Placer Co Election. Libby administered the oath of office. The term for these 3 will expire 12/2/2024. There is 1 open board with a term limit expiring 12/2/2022 with 3 applicants, John Sakrison, Mike Towne & Eileen Ilano. They will be interviewed in a closed executive session at the end of the meeting.
- Silvertip Generator Project-Rip rap needs to done next spring to complete project.
- Sklyine Generator Project-On hold until spring, permits in processing, generator onsite in Reno.
- Skyline Tank Replacement-Committee has not yet met to discuss.
- Washoe Heights Water Co-Received via email recorded docs from Placer County, put docs in safe deposit box when arrives.
- Backup Snow Driver-Libby had payroll questions, TRID to pay Placer Co if person is needed.
- Trid owned lot info-discussion on number of lots owned by Trid vs titles in safe deposit box. Jim has flash drive with properties listed, named under Twin Peaks not TRID. Titles should be in the correct name.
Action: Kym to review flash drive and paperwork and after review will contact Porter, Simon, Graham about renaming titles into TRID name.
- Washoe Well pump problem-Steve’s Well could not get their rig on the lot, they are proposing a road around pumphouse to get rig in there. Rick called Carson Pump and they said they could look at it also after the first of the year. Main pump works fine, this is the backup pump that needs repairs. Rick to continue working on.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- New payment methods-Libby presented info from a company referred by SDRMA that would process credit cards and check payments for TRID. This company AllPaid would handle the entire transaction included collecting service fee from customer so TRID does not have to absorb the fee. Bank of the West proposal for same service where TRID would pay the fee would run $200-$300 a month. It would be nice to give our customers payment options as currently we only have one. This service could start in January through AllPaid.
Motion: It was motioned to accept proposal from AllPaid for payment options, all in favor.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- Libby has drafted a newsletter to go with the next invoice on 1/1/21. So many transfers of property going on in the neighborhood than ever before.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Willi stated all the equipment is running well and he has plowed a few times.
- Libby reported on GPS and its challenges with signal reception problems. A trial Verizon unit has been added to the loader to see if it gets any better reception than AT&T. Libby also talked to our CAT rep about Satellite reception which would be more reliable but it only updates every 4 hours so not an option. The program is taking a lot of Libby’s time to run, taking away from her water duties. Cost to date is $3114, two independent contractors use it. Will compare the two units for a few months and see how well the system operates.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- Monthly report-Rick reported no major issues.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS: None
- ADJOURNMENT-MOVE TO EXECUTIV SESSION/BOARD MEMBER CANDIDATE INTERVIEWS:
The regular meeting was adjourned at 9:30am.
- Board members have interviewed the 3 candidates.
Motion: It was motioned to appoint Eileen Ilano to the open board position expiring 12/2/2022, all in favor.
- Libby called Eileen Ilano on the phone and she rejoined the meeting via zoom. Libby administered the oath of office to Eileen.
- ADJOURNMENT-The meeting was adjourned at 10:40am. The next meeting is scheduled for Feb 9, 2021 at 8:30am via zoom.