Talmont Resort Improvement District
August 9, 2022– 8:30am via zoom
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Tim Schroeder.
Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Kym Pipkin, Eileen Ilano, Mike Towne, Nelson Rudolph
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Mike Morgan
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF JUNE 21, 2022 & PAID BILLS:
It was noted that charges of $91.68 have been paid on behalf of developer requesting service connection, amounts to be tracked for possible reimbursement. It was motioned to approve the minutes with a change to others present and the paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS: Repairs to well pump #1, Skyline Tank & generator-Repairs were made to Well 1, needs one more plate to be fixed and reinstalled before its ready to go. It’s being rebuilt and when reinstalled will go back on. Model for surge analysis received, running this week to iron out any problems. Cashman and Holt to get Rick generator quotes but looking at probably a year out to get. Meanwhile transfer switch has been ordered. Tree lot clearing-Alpine Arborists will perform the lot clearing on Skyline lot in September. Discussion on how much tree removal/cleanup needs to be done and when. Action: Mike T. to look in to grant info and report back to the Board. Developer and owner of 1733 Tahoe Park Heights is interested in building two homes between his home and driveway in approximately 3 years. He would like to connect to TRID water system. Conversation re boundaries and engineering, meter location.Action: Developer/homeowner to get more information on boundaries and engineering and return to the Board. Annual Meeting agenda & topics: The annual meeting agenda was discussed and finalized. Libby to forward to all.
- NEW BUSINESS: a.Citation: A citation was issued to TRID via Rick for a violation for failure to file a required Level 1 assessment form necessary after position testing results. Rick took all the proper procedures but neglected to submit this particular form. The Talmont RID was not ever notified of this possible violation when Rick was notified, and no contact was made with TRID.Motion: Kym to file an appeal based on no communication with TRID. Passed, Mike T. abstain.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT: Libby has been working on backflow etc. She has been having trouble dealing with Bank of the West as they are never open, and everything is taking a long time. Conversation re opening another bank account at a different bank. Action: Libby to monitor the situation and report back if gets worse.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT: No report.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT: Rick talked more about their flushing procedure could have caused the positive bacti tests, considering changing how it is currently done.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS: None
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 10:40am. The next meeting will be September 3, 2022, 8:30am prior to the annual meeting at the Howard Perry Maintenance Station.