June 21, 2022

Talmont Resort Improvement District

Meeting Minutes

June 21, 2022– 8:30am via zoom


  1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Kym Pipkin.

Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Kym Pipkin, Eileen Ilano, Mike Towne

Others Present: Libby Gregg,  Rick Dewante, Nelson Rudolph


In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.


Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.


It was motioned to approve the minutes with a change to others present and the paid bills, all in favor.

  2. Repairs to well pump #1, Skyline Tank & generator-Surge study being worked on. Rick is in the process of sorting out the operation with the other wells to work alternatively/sequently. Telemetry still be worked on, when straightened out Well #1 will go into the rotation. Rick is getting two different answers from Cashman on the size generator that is needed so he is unable to order that until he gets the correct answer.
  3. Rate Analysis Quote-The quote received from HDR was $15,000-$20,000. Conversation regarding this fee.Action: Board to create a committee of members to research and analyze this and conduct their own rate study in house in January. Tabled until January 2023 meeting.
  4. Tree lot clearing-Waiting on Alpine Arborists. Action: Libby to check back with them. Mike T.to look in to grant info and report back to the Board.
  6. Mike brought up the subject of putting homeowner and other info on the website not related to water or snow. It was explained again that TRID’s business is to provide quality drinking water and street snow removal, it is not an HOA nor is there a legal HOA in the neighborhood to involve with TRID.
  7. Conversation regarding last meetings request from a developer for water connect outside of boundaries. More information would be needed to further discuss.
  8. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT: Libby that she has started the summer backflow program and will be sending out 7/1/22 invoices this week.
  9. SNOW REMOVAL REPORT: No report.
  10. WATER MANAGER’S REPORT: Rick talked further about upgrading the telemetry.
  12. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Interviews for potential board member to replace Jim Henderson until end of term.

Motion: The board approved the appointment of Nelson Rudolph to the Board of Directors. It was also motioned to add Libby as a check signer. Board Positions were named with Tim Schroeder President, Eileen Ilano Vice President, Kym Pipkin Secretary, Mike Towne Member, Nelson Rudolph member. The 3 renewing board member positions will continue to be advertised until July 5, 2022 deadline.  Passed unanimously.

ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 10:30am. The next meeting will be August 9, 2022, 8:30am via zoom.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email