Talmont Resort Improvement District
June 8, 2021 – 8:30am via zoom
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Jim Henderson via zoom.
Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Larry Anderson, Kym Pipkin
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Willi Dodge, Mike Morgan
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF APRIL 13, 2021 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the minutes and paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Skyline Generator Project/Tank Replacement-Generator has been delivered. Contractor to be decided after bid opening to place generator. The tank patch is holding for now, there are numerous repairs that are needed on the present tank. Rick suggests replacing the tank with similar bolted tank in spring of 2022. There is a lot of prep that would need to go into preparing for a new tank, a soil test is the next thing needed if going to replace tank. Approximate cost is $71,000 for tank.
Motion: It was motioned to proceed with the replacement of the Skyline Water Tank for the spring of 2022 and to go ahead with soil test needed, all in favor.
- TRID Owner lot info-Tabled until next meeting
- Repairs to Well Pump #1-Carson Pump is scheduled to come out by the end of June.
- Fire hydrant snow removal-Libby received a letter from Steve McNamara, NT Fire Chief that clearly outlined hydrants that they feel are a priority and try to keep clear.
Action: Libby to use this list to prepare the hydrant snow removal bid for August meeting for review along with all the other stations needing snow removal. Board will review list and make available also for annual meeting.
- Rip Rap at Silvertip Tank-Rick to get this finished up.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Bid Opening for Skyline Project-2 bids were received Longo Inc. for $20,950 and Russell Dodge $29,000.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the Longo Inc., proposal pending Rick’s review, all in favor.
- Fire Signage-Mike Morgan is the neighborhood Ca Fire Safe Council Rep, banners and signage for the neighborhood were discussed.
Action: Libby to get info from Mike to post on the district’s website. Jim to meet with Mike to put up fire safe banner.
- Dane Wadle of CSDA spoke of their latest projects and upcoming meetings.
Action: Board requests Libby to get information from Dane on the upcoming leadership Board Member meetings.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT: Annual Meeting-It was decided to go back to in person starting with August meeting. Libby to try to also zoom it at the August meeting to test to see if it works for the annual meeting in September. It would be nice to offer both as an option, in person and zoom. Annual meeting date is Sept 4, 2021 at 8:30 am.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Nothing to report.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT: Monthly report-Rick reported no major issues but did have a problem with the telemetry which is now working.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS:
The regular meeting was adjourned at 9:30am. The next meeting is scheduled for August 10, 2021 at 8:30am at the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station.