Talmont Resort Improvement District
August 10, 2021 – 8:30am, Howard Perry Maintenance Station
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Jim Henderson.
Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Larry Anderson, Kym Pipkin, Eileen Ilano
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Mike Morgan
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- Mike Morgan would like to add “defensible space and common areas” to the agenda. Added to new business.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF JUNE 8, 2021 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the minutes and paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Skyline Generator Project/Tank Replacement-Soil test needs to be done, CE Cox to do that test early September. Project on schedule for next spring.
- Repairs to Well Pump #1-Rick has ordered pump. Montclair pump also #1 is offline, #2 pump is operating.
- Annual Meeting-the agenda was discussed for the annual meeting.
Action: Libby to contact Erin Holland NT Fire to see if she can attend annual meeting and inquire about Firewise committee
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Mike Morgan discussed his concern on the overgrowth of the neighborhood in general. TRID can only handle TRID owned properties. Mike has tried to get a group together for a fire committee with no luck. TRID is unsure what other efforts have been made in the neighborhood for the Firewise program.
Action: Eileen to walk TRID properties and make recommendations if needed for thinning and veg management.
Libby to add TRID’s fire efforts to the annual meeting presentation.
- Discussion of next projects-one being a generator for the well building.
Action: It was motioned to have a survey done of the well bldg. property in preparation for the generator project, all in favor.
- Libby produced a list of hydrants needing snow removal services this winter for distribution.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- The backflow program has ended, one customer, has not had his device tested. Libby also has one customer that is 3 quarters behind.
Action: Board to contact customer to discuss. Note: Report received 8/10/21. Libby to keep trying overdue customer for payment.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Nothing to report.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- Monthly report-Rick reported he had a positive bacti test last month. He resampled and all were negative. Telemetry is working well. Water restrictions re drought, Libby to post on website.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS:
The regular meeting was adjourned at 9:45am. The next meeting is scheduled for September 4, 2021 at 8:30am at the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station. Annual meeting to follow at 9:00am.