Talmont Resort Improvement District
August 11, 2020 – 8:30am via zoom
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Jim Henderson via zoom.
Directors Present: Jim Henderson, Kym Pipkin, Tim Schroeder, Larry Anderson, Eileen Ilano
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante,
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF JUNE 9 & 25, 2020 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the June 9 & June 25, 2020 minutes with the addition of adding the name CE Cox to June 25, 2020 minutes of bid award and paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Silvertip Tank Paining: Workers for original bid of $5000 say paint will not stick onto remaining paint to patch and have given new estimate for approx. $19,000.
Action: Rick to talk to other painters about this and get more information, too late for this year regardless.
- Silvertip Generator Project-Putting into service soon.
- Silvertip Driveway-RTC has just received permit and will be starting soon.
Action: Rick to get price on paving.
- Silvertip grant money-Libby has submitted for approx.$17,000, check is to be coming soon.
- Bollard project-workers have been exposed to COVID so they are doing the necessary quarantine before starting.
- Washoe Heights Water Co-Jim had paperwork notarized and submitted and awaiting return copies.
- Maintenance Sign-
Motion: It was motioned to proceed with the design of the maintenance building sign as presented. All in favor.
- COVID Compliance-we are in compliance.
- Backup Snow Driver-It was discussed to talk to Placer County about additional employee when needed.
Action: Willi to talk to county and also work on newspaper ad if needed.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Skyline Tank Replacement-Lots of options from line existing tank to new bolted tank.
Action: Eileen and Tim to consult with Rick as a committee to explore these options.
- Annual Meeting-Because of COVID and hoping for a better response the new date and time via Zoom for the annual meeting will be Wednesday Sept 9, 2020 at 7:00pm.
- Reserve Study-TRID is required to get a study of their reserve assets every 3 years.
Action: Sign contract for reserve study with the Browning Group who prepared it last time.
- Lien Policy-Presently TRID can only lien once a year for unpaid fees, discussion re changing that to twice a year. Would have to go to public comment. Tabled until next public comment revision.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- Monthly report- Libby is working with McClintock on the yearly audit, Larry is helping too.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Willi stated via email that he is worried about the generator enclosures for winter. Driveway has been sealed. Action: Rick to check on generator enclosure rules and report back.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- Monthly report-Rick reported there was a telemetry problem that fixed itself. Hammer noise problem at well pump 1 had new soft start put in, helped some. May just need to change out pump altogether.
Action: Rick to get data on pulling pump and changing out.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENT None
- ADJOURNMENT: The regular meeting was adjourned at 10:15am. The next meeting is scheduled for Oct 13, 2020 at 8:30. The annual meeting is Sept 9, 2020 at 7:00PM.