TALMONT RESORT IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
September 9, 2020 – Annual Meeting 7:00pm via Zoom
- CALL TO ORDER, INTRODUCTION OF BOARD, STAFF & MEMBER Jim Henderson called the meeting to order at 7:00pm, introduction of board members Jim Henderson, Kym Pipkin, Larry Anderson, Tim Schroeder and Eileen Ilano. Staff Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante and Willi Dodge. Members going by zoom introduced themselves. Noted as: Susan & Bill Foster, Pat McGehee, Janet Stamm, Laurette Sparks, Patricia Waters, Dennis Tweety, Richard Craig, Chip Roberson, David Horovitz, Jim Nicholls, Mike Morgan, Warren Lee. Jim mentioned that due to COVID meeting restrictions that perhaps we would have a better meeting turnout if held on a weeknight.
Jim spoke of TRID’s President Howard Perry’s recent passing and his longtime contributions. Howard spent 39 years on the board and was extremely dedicated to Talmont. His contribution to the community and many years of service are recognized and he will be greatly missed by everyone. In his honor the Board of Directors has voted to rename the equipment building to the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station. A sign has been made in his honor and will be mounted on the building soon.
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS: Year end financial report-Larry Anderson gave the financial report for 7/1/10-6/30/20. Came in mostly on budget for the year, a few higher expenses in snow removal due to mounting on new equipment etc. The good news is no increase in fees is anticipated for this current fiscal year. Anyone wanting a copy of the financials can request from Libby.
- OLD BUSINESS: Past Year Improvements-Jim spoke about the many improvements that happened over this past year. We installed a generator at the Silvertip Station and one is currently being installed at the Skyline station. The old grader behind the maintenance station has been removed, driveway resealed and no old machinery is left. The bollard project was finished, this secured our major hydrants from being damaged by vehicles. We signed off on a 1/28 interest in the Washoe Heights Water Association releasing TRID of any potential liability. The Skyline tank is in need of replacement or repair, a committee has been formed to research options such as new liner, welding, etc.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT: Rick DeWante returned that no positive bacteria was detected in the past year. No operational problems, finished the Silvertip generator project but driveway needs to be paved. Started the Skyline generator project. Water hammer problem has been determined to be caused by a check valve failing and needs to be replaced.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT: Willi Dodge spoke about the last years upgrades to the snow removal equipment, newer grader, blower that mounts on front of loader. A new fan was installed in the maintenance station. Willi has spoken with the County and they will allow TRID to use snow removal employees out of their employment pool when necessary.
- NEW BUSINESS: Jim mentioned that the GPS worked well for the first season. This year Libby has obtained a booster for the grader signal as it was having some problems and the gps units themselves have been upgraded to a stronger signal. This year 4 people will be on the election ballot. There was 1 short term (Howards remaining term) and 3 long term seats available. There was a problem where one director accidentally checked the long term box instead of the short term box creating 4 people for the long term seats and none for the short term. 3 people will be elected, the 1 that doesn’t get elected can apply for the short term position open after the election. This means anyone that is interested also in this short term position can apply. Notificiation will be posted on the website when it is time. Possible fire escape routes were discussed by the group, there presently is a road to Granlibakken and one through Ward Canyon.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm. The next regular meeting is October 13, 2020 at 8:30am via zoom.
Libby Gregg, Administrative Supervisor
September 12, 2020