December 10, 2019



December 10, 2019 – 8:30 A.M.

Maintenance Building, Talmont

  1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30 AM by Kym Pipkin.

Directors Present: Larry Anderson, Kym Pipkin, Jim Henderson, Tim Schroeder

Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Willi Dodge, Mike Towne, Raif Anderson, Jim Nicholls

  1. 2. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDAIn Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of  the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda.                                                            
  1. PUBLIC COMMENT: Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.

(items below may not be in order of conversation) 


It was motioned to approve October 15, 2019 minutes, all in favor.

It was motioned to approve the paid bills as submitted, all in favor.

  2. Capital Improvements: Generator project: Wintered until spring, new grant money from SLPD that may help with this project. Bid for access road needed. The snow blower has been delivered but still needs some adjustments for hookup. Libby has added the blower to TRID’s insurance.
  1. Snow Removal 2nd Operator: Ad was placed, only one response out of the area. Discussion of actual hours needed.

Motion: It was motioned to open the position as an hourly, on call position at $45 an hour. Independent contractors can apply for the position but will have to go on TRID payroll for insurance reasons. Willi to be in charge of calling in help when needed. All in favor.

  1. GPS-Conversation re GPS. Libby produced a quote from Fleet Solutions out of Reno.

Motion: It was motioned to accept the GPS quote from Fleet Solutions for the installation of GPS on 2 units. All in favor.

Motion: It was motioned to allow the independent snow removal contractors limited access to the GPS software for tracking purposes. Each independent snow removal contractor will have to sign an agreement with TRID that they will not share their passwords or sign in info and attend training. All in favor.

Website: Libby produced a quote from CJ Built in Tahoe City for a new website, will have email capabilities and a new look. Motion: It was motioned to accept the website proposal from CJ Built. All in favor.

  2. Howard Perry our President passed away earlier this month. It is with a heavy heart that new board positions and a vacancy were discussed.

Motion: It was motioned that Jim Henderson step in as President for the reminder of the term, 12/4/2022. Larry Anderson will be Vice President, Tim Schroeder Secretary/Treasurer, Kym Pipkin member. A vacancy ad will be placed in the Jan 1 newsletter. All in favor.

  1. New check signers: New check signers will be needed at Bank of the West.

Motion: It was motioned that Jim Henderson, Tim Schroeder and Kym Pipkin will be on the revised check signing cards. All in favor.

Action: Libby to contact Bank of the West and get new signer cards ordered.

  2. Libby produced the year end financials from the accountant. Quarterly financial reports are in progress. Libby will put out a newsletter with the next billing. 

(Note: Kym Pipkin left the meeting at 9:45am)

  2. Willi plowed this last storm and everything worked fine. He has been working on stock for Cat grader parts also. He is also working on getting a fan installed at the maintenance building. Conversation on hydrant clearing with the new blower, it may not be appropriate to use at all fire hydrants. Clearing by independent snow contractors was discussed. Motion: It was motioned to have Libby solicit bids from the independent snow removal contractors for an hourly, on call rate if needed to clear hydrants. TRID additional insured will be needed. All in favor.
  2. No positive bacti. Two hydrant repair reports were given to Rick for review. Rick received Cox bill for valve replacements and bollards. Fixed a leak on an air release valve on Snowshoe that had been run over.

Action: Discuss an additional generator next meeting.

  2. The Board of Directors would like to formally recognize Howard J. Perry for his nearly 40 years service to the Talmont Resort Improvement District. Had it not been for him so many capital improvements may not have been made. In recognition the Board would like to rename the Maintenance Building to the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station.

Motion: It was motioned to name the Maintenance Building the “Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station”, Libby to have a plaque made. All in favor.


The meeting of the Board of Directors was adjourned at 10:30AM. The next regular meeting is February 12, 2020 at 8:00 am. The Board of Directors went into executive session at this time to discuss payroll issues.


Jim Henderson, Larry Anderson and Patricia Waters by phone discussed adding law 998 to the existing TRID ordinance.

Section to be inserted, Libby to redraft for next meeting.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email