Jan. 9, 2024

Talmont Resort Improvement District

Meeting Minutes

January 9, 2024 8:30am – Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station

  1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Tim Schroeder.

Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Eileen Ilano, Nelson Rudolph, Mike Town, Kym Pipkin

Others Present: Rick Dewante, Libby Gregg, Willi Dodge, John Sakrison, Raif Anderson, Jim Nicholls

  1. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:  In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
  1. PUBLIC COMMENT: GPS service for the independent snow removal operators was discussed. Action: Will put on the agenda in the summertime.
  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF NOV 7, 2023 & PAID BILLS: It was motioned to approve the minutes and paid bills, passed unanimously.
  1. OLD BUSINESS:  a. Lot tree cleanup was discussed. Action: Mike to continue to look at grant opportunities. Libby to talk with grant person again. b. The excavation concrete bid was discussed on how it would go out again next for the generator work at Washoe Way pumpstation. Motion: It was motioned to re-issue the bid as one complete project, not two. Rick to prepare paperwork for bid award at March 12 meeting, passed unanimously. c. A letter with the boards questions regarding the recent developers request to connect was sent to Porter, Simon Law offices in Truckee. They have agreed to look into TRID’s questions. d. Meter upgrade discussed that was to begin this June. There is still nothing better out there than what we have and the current meters are not failing. Meter tops can be swapped out rather quickly if they do start to fail. Action: Hold off on upgrade until cellular reading or some other advances other than what we have are available for our area.
  1. NEW BUSINESS: Reserve Study- A proposal from the Browning Group to update our capital reserve assessment report in accordance with laws to stay compliant. Motion: It was motioned to accept the $1600 proposal from the Browning Group, passed unanimously.
  2. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT: Libby has just sent out the Jan 1 invoices along with a newsletter.
  3. WATER MANAGER’S REPORT: Running smoothly, insulated prv valves, looking into remote fuel gauge, Rick to talk to Empire about fuel, telemetry to be discussed with ATT phone rep at next meeting.
  4. SNOW REMOVAL REPORT: Willi has been plowing snow, conversation regarding interactions between Willi and private contractors. Willi also said homeowners removing snow stakes to facilitate their parking can be a problem for him. Discussion re Placer County. Action: Libby to post the Placer County road department contact information on the website. Everyone is to “be nice’.
  5. CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS: John Pang submitted a letter thanking the board for hiring a contract to remove snow from certain hydrants. His concern was the contractor is clearing more hydrants than on the list and he was worried about the extra fees. Hydrant snow removal was discussed, Mike is in charge of telling Jimbo when to clear usually after blower. Jimbo is finding it easier to quickly clear some with his blower as he is going by which will help later. He is not charging for this, he will only charge TRID when actually taking a shovel to and removing snow.
  6. EXECUTIVE SESSION: At this time the board went into executive session to discuss employment matters
  7. ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 11:00am. The next regular meeting is March 12, 2024 at 8:30am at the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station.

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email