Talmont Resort Improvement District
May 17, 2022– 8:30am via zoom
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Kym Pipkin.
Directors Present: Kym Pipkin, Eileen Ilano, Mike Towne
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Bill Bate, Mary Silverman, Mike Morgan
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
2ND Public Comment Meet re proposed ordinance change:
- Bill Bate expressed his concern about the high-water users in the neighborhood. He feels the rates should substantially rise as usage increases. Discussed with the board members. The board needs justification to raise rates accordingly, a study needs to be done.
Action: Libby to contact rate analysis company provided by Eileen for a quote.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF MARCH 11 & APRIL 13, 2022 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the minutes and the paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Motion: It was motioned to adopt the capital improvement rate increase and ordinance revisions, approved unanimously.
- Repairs to well pump #1-Options discussed.
Motion: It was motioned to reinstall pump with new check valve, pipe & wire for approx. $10,000. Approved unanimously.
- Skyline Tank-on hold until surge study can be approved.
Motion: It was motioned to approved surge study for approx. $20,000, approved unanimously.
- Washoe Generator: Rick having trouble getting it from Cashman in Reno, is trying Holt in Sacramento.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Mike Morgan gave the board an update on his Firewise Committee, he is getting a good response.
- New water connection request: A request was made to TRID to consider extending their service area to provide water to a few new homes being built on Tahoe Park Heights Dr. There was discussion on how this would affect TRID, surveys, usage, future requests. There is also Tahoe Park Water and Washoe Way water that could serve these homes.
Action: The board felt they did not have enough information to make any decisions. Rick to talk to agent and suggest other options that may be more feasible.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- Libby reported that the yearly capital improvement transfer of $103,000 per the cash reserve study was made by Jim for this fiscal year.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- No report.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- Rick reported there were a positive chloroform test result which resulted in chlorinating the system. Also a customer reported a metallic tests so he is further testing.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS:
- The Talmont board of directors is sorry to report that Jim Henderson has resigned from his position on the board. He will be missed, and we are so thankful for all the time he has given. Libby to advertise open board position on website.
- ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 10:30am. The next meeting will be June 21, 2022, 8:30am via zoom.