Talmont Resort Improvement District
November 15, 2022– 8:30am – Howard J. Perry Maint Station
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Tim Schroeder.
Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Kym Pipkin, Eileen Ilano, Mike Towne, Nelson Rudolph
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Willi Dodge, Bill Bate, John Pang
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF SEPT 3, 2022 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the minutes with a change to others present and the paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Repairs to well pump #1-Rick withheld $1000 for Bruce Mackay invoice because they didn’t put anchor bolts back in, otherwise work is complete. Not running it right now as need final results of surge analysis first. Surge tanks will most likely be needed. Rick to report back to the board when report is submitted to him. Generator has been ordered along with transfer switch, will need TRPA approval for pad.
- Developer request to connect-Board discussed that they do not want TRID to incur any costs for this project. Tabled until January meeting for more discussion.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Snow removal bids-It was discussed prior to opening the bids the procedure for removing snow at the indicated fire hydrants. Direction needed by Board member on when to clear, Mike volunteered for this. Bids opened, 2 received from Talmont Snow Removal and Anderson Snow Removal.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the lowest bid for the hydrant snow removal, Anderson Snow Removal. All in favor.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the lowest bid for driveway snow removal at the Silvertip Well Bld, Anderson Snow Removal. All in favor.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the lowest bid for driveway snow removal at the Montclair Well Bld, Anderson Snow Removal. All in favor.
- Meter Software Upgrade-Libby explained that the meter reader and software we have was installed in 2010 and is no longer supported by Read Center and is now called Beacon. They will no longer service our existing equipment nor sell us parts etc for our setup. This upgrade will allow our existing meters to still work while working on pricing etc for the remainder of the system.
Motion: It was motioned to approve the meter reading software plus a computer upgrade of approximately $12,000.
All in favor.
Action: Libby to work on pricing etc with Rick for January meeting for meter encoder and transmitter upgrades.
Plan for upcoming rate review-The proposals from the two companies for rate setting were discussed. There are so many new laws and regulations to setting rates that it no longer can be done in house. It was decided to go with HDR, the same rate setting company TCPUD used, to work with our committee to set rates for the next fiscal year 7/1/23.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the proposal by HDR for the rate setting study. All in favor.
Action: Libby will contact committee members and also advertise in the upcoming newsletter/website for more members to work with HDR by submitting their comments.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- Libby reported AutoPay is working. Sample articles for newsletter discussed, Libby distributed AB123 Ethic class paperwork that each board member will need to take.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Willi reported on the recent early snow and stated the machinery is all working fine. A maintenance agreement for the 3 generators was discussed.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the maintenance agreement based on only 1 trip per year not 2. All in favor.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- No positive bacteria, telemetry working well.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS:
- Board Member Duties/Responsibilities-John Pang spoke to all about the duties and responsibilities faced as board members.
- ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 11:00am. The next regular meeting is January 17, 2023 at the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station