Talmont Resort Improvement District
October 13, 2020 – 8:30am via zoom
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Jim Henderson via zoom.
Directors Present: Jim Henderson, Kym Pipkin, Tim Schroeder, Larry Anderson, Eileen Ilano
Others Present: Libby Gregg, Rick Dewante, Willi Dodge
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda.
- PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person wishing to address the Board of Directors on items of interest to Talmont Resort Improvement District not listed on the agenda may do so at this time. It is requested that comments be brief as possible, since no action may be taken by the Board on items addressed under Public Comment.
- APPROVE MINUTES OF AUG 11 & SEPT 9, 2020 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the Aug 11 & Sept 9, 2020 minutes and paid bills, all in favor.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Silvertip Tank Paining-Sierra Rainbow did this for $3177 and it looks great!
- Silvertip Generator Project-Rick is placing riprap along the driveway edge.
- Bollard project-Project is completed, Placer County needs to come out and mark with poles.
- Skyline Generator Project-Jim has paperwork to get notarized to purchase 40 sq feet of land for the project.
- Washoe Heights Water Co-Jim has signed papers.
Action: Libby to put TRID owned lot info on next agenda.
- Maintenance Sign-Sign is up!
- Backup Snow Driver-Libby had payroll questions, TRID to pay Placer Co if person is needed.
- Skyline Tank Replacement-Rick discussed a repair/replace option for $65,000 which is coated inside and out and
another for $130,000 that would have a 40 year guarantee. Committee to explore options.
- Election-Kym, Tim, Larry and Eileen are all on ballot, the one not making it in this election will be appointed.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Receive bids for Silvertip Well Bldg Driveway- 3 bids were submitted Jimbo’s $900, Raif Anderson $900 and Talmont Snow Removal $600.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the $600 bid from Talmont Snow Removal, all in favor.
- Adopt Conflict of Interest Code-Libby produced new Conflict of Interest Code required by Placer County.
Motion: It was motioned to accept the Conflict of Interest Code, all in favor.
- Taping of meetings-It was mentioned that it would be helpful if meetings were taped. Discussion with board.
Action: Board to look at possibly taping 2021 Annual Meet if were are still on Covid restrictions.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- Monthly report- Libby is working with McClintock on the yearly audit, Larry is helping too. Libby also just mailed out the 10/1 invoices.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Willi is ready for the season to begin. GPS will be turned on Nov 1 to address upgrades to system and booster.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- Monthly report-Rick reported no major issues, telemetry is acting up at Montclair.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS:
- Werner Schuester is against a bollard in front of their place, it was determined that bollard no mandatory there.
- ADJOURNMENT: The regular meeting was adjourned at 9:45am. The next meeting is scheduled for Dec 15, 2020 at 8:30am.