Talmont Resort Improvement District
July 11, 2023– 8:30am – Howard J. Perry Maint Station
- CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 8:30am by Tim Schroeder.
Directors Present: Tim Schroeder, Eileen Ilano, Nelson Rudolph. Present by conference call Kym Pipkin & Mike Towne.
Others Present: Rick Dewante, Libby Gregg, Willi Dodge
- ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA:
In Accordance with Section 54954.2(b) of the Government Code (Brown Act) an item may be added to the agenda. For more info on additions/deletions to the agenda visit https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov, select code GOV and keyword 54954.2.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None
- APPROVE MINUTES OF MAY 23, 2023 & PAID BILLS:
It was motioned to approve the minutes and paid bills, passed unanimously.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Skyline Tank: Still looking at options, in August they will clean and inspect.
- Prices on backup parts: Rick will need to look at crucial parts and make a list, will take action after list is made at next meeting.
Action: Mike to get with Rick to help with this list.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Snow Storage/Removal: Snow removal was discussed, Montclair station needs to be entirely paved to make it more efficient. A purchase of a small snowblower was also discussed, Rick didn’t feel it would benefit.
Motion: It was motioned to purchase a small snowblower. Motion denied 3 -2.
Motion: It was motioned to contact Blacktop Paving and have the Montclair drive paved. Cost not to exceed $20,000. Passed, all in favor.
Action: Libby to prepare hydrant and well station snow removal bid information and get to Directors for review and approval first.
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT:
- Libby reported that she filed the two claims for damages, one with SDRMA and the other with Placer County. SDRMA has agreed to pay on the damages all but the deductable. Placer County denied their claim saying they were within their easement.
Action: Libby to submit denied claim to SDRMA to pursue.
- Annual meeting: The annual meeting date is September 2, 2023 at 9:00am, a pre-meeting for the board of directors will be held prior at 8:15am. The agenda for the annual meeting was discussed.
- WATER MANAGER’S REPORT:
- No positive bacteria after flushing. A lot of snow runoff areas, all dried up now. Telemetry has been a problem, no longer reliable, looking into radios.
- Washoe generator in permit stage.
- Surge project -Contacted tank manufacturer, they can make what they need, thinks it would be around $75,000.
- SNOW REMOVAL REPORT:
- Nothing to report.
- CORRESPONDENCE & DIRECTORS COMMENTS: Discussion re GPS and usage.
Motion: It was motioned to remove the GPS from the machines, passed 4-1.
- ADJOURNMENT- The meeting was adjourned at 10:30am. The next regular meeting is September 2, 2023 at 8:15am at the Howard J. Perry Maintenance Station prior to the annual meeting at 9am.